Alright winter, that's enough...

The new year is here. The Christmas tree & it's fellow decorations have been put away well over a week ago & I am sitting here thinking of the warm spring sunshine. Anyone else get the same way? For some reason, as soon as Christmas is over my mind switches right over to spring. So much so, that this chilly & wet weather we have been having here in Pennsylvania is getting under my skin. Is it so much to ask for a little sunshine?

Since I can't rush the seasons, I am bringing spring into my crochet projects. For Christmas the mister took me to Michael's & I picked out quite a few beautiful colors for my next project. One project, which has already been finished is a gift for my Niece to be for her birthday. It's a double yarn, double crochet granny square lapghan. Since during Christmas she told me her favorite color is blue. I found this color called Turaqua... I LOVE it! I actually hope to go back & buy some for me now! The picture doesn't quite show the awesomeness of the color itself. But it's a perfect shade between Turquoise & Aqua. I did the double crochet using two yarn strands, one of the Turaqua & one white. :)


I've had a hard time deciding what my new project will be. I already have the colors. A set of pastel colors blue, purple & yellow along with white. At first I wanted to make a granny square blanket & patch it together, sadly... my ADD is not letting me continue on with the squares. The few I have made are absolutely adorable & I am sure I will use them for something, but not for an entire blanket. So, my next thought is a Granny Stripe Afghan. I'm sure I will keep you all updated on what happens there. lol.

Today is day four of my Vegetarian journey & I am honestly not doing too bad. I actually feel better, I have not had heartburn since day one. Hooray! Tonight's dinner is a Vegetable Barley Stew. As it sits in my crockpot it smells AMAZING. I didn't quite find the recipe I wanted online, so I just decided to go with my gut & throw in what sounded good... The soup has golden potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, red bell pepper, fresh garlic, yellow corn, parsley, diced tomatoes & barley. Can't wait to try it & see how I did. :)

Doctors appointment tomorrow. I'm wondering if I have lost any weight since Thursday. I sure hope so! Anyway, life goes on either way. I know that sometimes it takes a while for your metabolism to kick in. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

P.S. I've been thinking about doing a Crocheted Item Giveaway... not sure yet. But I would like to before the end of this year. Hmm, I guess that can be one of my goals for 2013. Perhaps if I hit 50 followers. ;)

1 comment:

  1. You should totally do a giveaway! I have been trying to teach myself to crochet, you do not even want to know. haha it was a one line scarf!! Good luck at the doc!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips