Motivation Monday

found via Pinterest.
I really liked this when I came across it on Pinterest. One part more than any of it, I love the fact that you should ignore the unhealthy examples that were once feeding you. I feel that I, personally, must remember this every time I start to doubt myself & fall back into those habits that are oh so comfortable. These what I am going to call "braxton hicks hunger pains" will fade if you give them enough time to. Drink water, they do go away, & when you are truly hungry, you will know. Your body will tell you.

As a society that tries to make life as painless & comfortable as possible, I feel that we have lost touch with our own bodies. We don't realize how amazing the machine that is running inside us is. We take it for granted & take every cure all pill that comes along. Just today, I learned that having a temperature actually fights viruses & bacteria. Coughing actually rids your body of bacteria & viruses by way of the lungs. But instead of letting our bodies do what they do best, we load up on Nyquil & Tylenol which only makes our bodies work longer to rid us from disease & can actually add more serious problems.

I understand though, I really do. It's easier to be numb. It's easier to sit on the couch with a bowl of warm macaroni & cheese while watching infomercials than to eat healthier & move your body. I struggle with this everyday & can only hope that it gets easier. 

But we can do this, after all... like our motivation for the day states... YOU are worth more than you realize. So ditch the haters, the doubters & the unhealthy examples that were once feeding you. You are awake now, you are aware, & you are stronger than you have ever been. You are amazing.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

4 comments:

  1. hey girl! i just wanted to let you know that i nominated you for an award, if you would like to accept!

    http://lovinjosiah87.blogspot.com/2013/02/its-monday-whoo-hoo-another-award.html

    just leave me a comment anytime with the link to the blog post! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give me warm inspirational fuzzies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Gush! I love this post! Really struck a cord with me as I s...l...o...w...l...y... work on losing weight. But I loved the "Braxton Hicks Hunger Pains." Bloody brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips