Tuesday's 10 Day YOU Challenge {4 books}

BlogLoveTherapy

Today's 10 Day You Challenge is four books. Here are a few of my favorites.

4.) Dave Pelzer Series (A Child Called 'It', The Lost Boy & A Man Named Dave): I'm fairly sure everyone has read this book at least once in their life. If you haven't you should. After reading it, you should then read other the other books by Dave Pelzer, The Lost Boy & A Man Named Dave. These books are truly heartbreaking & at the same time, very empowering. They were for me at least.


3.) The Twilight Saga: Yes, I happened to like the Twilight books. However, I have not seen any of the movies because I had have a huge problem with the casting of Edward. Yuck!



2.) The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series: I have read nearly all of these books, I think there are currently ten & I am just finishing up book nine. This series isn't for everyone. I know there are a lot of bloggers here in Bloggerland that like a more wholesome book. I on the other hand don't mind a "smutty" book everyone once in a while & this just happens to be one, or nine, of those books. lol.


1.) The Hunger Games Trilogy: Okay, I love these books & even though I have not finished Mocking Jay just yet, I already know that these are some of my favorite books. I read half of Mocking Jay & I am finishing the other half on audio book while I crochet. It works really well that way. I like to multitask sometimes. :) Upon finishing Mocking Jay, I will watch the movie(s). I wanted to make sure I finished all the books before doing that.

I don't read a lot, mostly because I hate buying books to read them once & then have them sit there collecting dust. I really need to buy a kindle, I know that I would read more if I had the opportunity to take my whole library with me everywhere I go. I keep entering giveaways in hopes of winning one, since I am broke & can't quite justify or afford one right now. My birthday is coming up in August, maybe someone will be awesome & gift one to me. :)

So those are my favorites... what are yours? :)

{Make sure to come back tomorrow, as I will be hosting my very first giveaway!}

1 comment:

  1. Ah, books. :) I am a wee bit of a book snob. My undergraduate degree was in English literature. However, I make sure to actually read a book before I talk smack about it. I hate when people "diss" things they know nothing about.

    I have read Dave Pelzer's A Child Called It but not the others. My opinion of A Child Called It was that it was an incredibly good story, but I did not particularly enjoy the writing style. I would recommend the book Wayne: An Abused Child's Story of Courage, Survival, and Hope by Wayne Theodore. I read that book around the same time as I read Pelzer's book and REALLY liked it.

    The Twilight series I'm kind of "eh" about. I've read the first two books because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I thought the story was okay but didn't really like the writing.

    I LOVE the Hunger Games trilogy, though. You definitely got me there. :)

    I haven't read the last series.

    Have you read the His Dark Materials trilogy? You might like it if you like these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips