Where have you been my whole life?

A few weeks ago while on our way back home from a get together at Mr. B's brother's house, we decided to drop by Costco. While we were speed walking to the back of the store to pick up a few bags of fruit for the following week's lunches, I realized it was already 5:30pm on a Sunday, & we had not been home all day.

I asked Mr. B what he wanted for dinner, I really wasn't in the mood to cook anything. Mr. B responded with his typical, "I don't care, anything is fine.". Seriously, I am not sure how this man ever gets dressed in the morning without taking forever to make a decision on what leg to put in first. Gah! Any who, we walk past their pre-made "fresh" section. I scan through the take-&-bake pizzas, macaroni & cheese dinners & rotisserie chicken, & I come across these really huge beautiful salads for $7.99 each. 

I show a couple to Mr. B. He doesn't look impressed, but manages to grunt out a "that's fine" ... "I guess." I ask him again, "Well, what do you want to eat for dinner?", he again tells me that it doesn't matter. Anything is fine. Alright then, this was going no where & it's just getting later. I hand out two options & tell him to pick one that he would eat for dinner tonight. He reluctantly chooses one & we are on our way to the check out line. On the way home, he admits that he didn't mind getting a salad for dinner, but he thought that "eight bucks is a lot of money for weeds". Ha, for weeds! What a dork. 

Anyway, we get home & get bowls out for our expensive weeds. ;) He chose a Caesar salad, I chose the Spinach salad with poppy seed dressing. It turns out these salads, were a LOT bigger than they looked in the store. They were over two servings a piece! So, in reality, $7.99 wasn't too expensive for what we will continue to call weeds.

My salad was made with baby spinach, dried cranberries, red onions, a halved hard boiled egg, & a sprinkling of cheese & bacon bits. It also came with a container of poppy seed dressing. I had never had poppy seed dressing before, & I honestly was a bit weary of it. Now, let me tell you... It was the most amazing salad I had ever had in my entire life.

Where was this magical dressing my entire life? You always hear of ranch, blue cheese, thousand island, french, but... poppy seed? That was just unheard of! Our next trip to Walmart had me looking down the dressings aisle for poppy seed, as I am sure Mr. B wouldn't be too happy if I bought $7.99 salads every couple of days from Costco. lol. 

Not only did I find poppy seed dressing, but I found it in lite! My heart was a flutter. Not only could I enjoy this amazing salad dressing at home, but I can actually enjoy it with half the calories. That's a win-win right there! I now have all the ingredients, aside from the bacon, it really doesn't need it, to make this yummy meal at home. :)

Do you have a favorite dressing or salad topping of your own? Are you an Iceberg or a Romaine kind of person? I actually prefer Artisan Romaine & spinach above them all. :)

2 comments:

  1. I personally am not a fan of the Poppy Seed dressing. Joy had some when she lived here. I personally like the spring mix salads, I love me some spinach. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm sound yummy, great to have a quick easy healthy option!

    Mrs Brown's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips