Hiking along Hay Creek...


Thursday was an incredibly busy day. We started the day off by finishing our much needed grocery shopping & we even stopped by a couple stores to pick up things for the Cara Box Exchange I am participating in this month. 

After getting home & putting everything away, Mr. B & I decided that we were going to take Odin on a hike to explore a section of Hay Creek, that he had never seen before. Little did I know that this would be not only a first for Odin, but for me as well. This would now be known as my first true hike, & I a damned proud of myself for making it through it! I used my new favorite app for Android called RunKeeper to keep track of my time, distance & calories burned.


That number up there might not be a huge deal for you. 3.64 miles, almost 4 miles! That, to me, is the longest hike I have ever been on. I am still exhausted & achy sitting here today because I know I pushed my body to the limit. And, you know what, I can't wait to do it again! I can't wait to be able to feel it get easier, for me to go faster & further than I ever would have thought.

And now, I believe I will leave you with a few pictures I took along the way. :)




 


And then we reached our destination. This little unnamed lake way up on top of a hill. What a climb, but it was beautiful & totally worth it. I foresee backpacking & picnics happening here later in the spring & early fall. :)


So that's it for now, I'll be hosting a couple giveways soon, so keep an eye out for that. In the meantime, I am a guest blogger today over at Second Chances, that will be live over there at noon central time. So don't forget to check it out! :)


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! I would love to go for a hike there. I have never been to Pennsylvania, but would love to after seeing these pictures. Congrats on the hike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pennsylvania is not even it's prettiest in the winter. I hope to get some amazing shots in the late spring & summer. That is when Pennsylvania really shines. :)

      Delete
  2. I love hiking - this looks like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pics! I so wish I lived somewhere scenic...Houston ain't it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I'm sure Houston has it's beauty, somewhere. lol. We had to drive for almost an hour to get there. We live in the city, we hate it, so we love to go out for a drive through the country or mountains whenever we get a chance.

      Delete
  4. oh this is gorgeous!! totally should link this up for Travel tuesdays on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helene! Of course, now it's Wednesday... but I will check out your Travel Tuesday now, anyway! :)

      Delete
  5. What beautiful pictures! I'm so proud of you for the hike! I think that would be so much fun, to go hiking with you. :) Trust me, it wouldn't be nearly as pretty here. We'd be hiking mounds of dirt.

    The Cara Box sounds cool. You'll have to let me know what you get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah look how vivid those colors are, just beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips