I want to be a crazy coupon lady!


Seriously folks. Netflix added the next season of Extreme Couponing, which I may or may not of watched in two days, & once again, I have that itch to go clipping crazy & annoy all the cashiers are my local supermarkets. "Look at all that free stuff" I say to Mr. B as my eyes are glued to the television set. Mr. B isn't quite on board with the whole crazy coupon lady thing, just yet. However, he does make a few good points. For example, who really needs ten thousand boxes of pasta, or five thousand bottles of sugar filled Gatorade? Well, I don't. Nor do I need a hundred  & fifty bags of candy.

Honestly the items that I would really love to stockpile are laundry soap, body soap, conditioner & shampoo, toilet paper, cat litter... you know, the necessities that you always need & tend to always run out of at the worst time. Where there is not even a square to spare.


Another downside to the crazy coupon lady thing, the amount of hours these people spend in the store. Nine hours in a grocery store. Seriously? I could never handle it. Mr. B & I like to get in, get what we need & get out in a little amount of time possible. Because honestly...


Between the clipping, the organizing, the scouting for sales, the nine hours in the actual store, the two hours it takes to load & unload your car, & then eventually add all these items into your stockpile. It's no longer free! Think about it, you did all that work for all those items. You spent a good 40 hours that week preparing for this haul of free items. You may not of spent any of the money in your pocket, but you did work for it.

I applaud all you ladies & gents that can pull this off, but just thinking about it makes me tired. 


So I guess in the long run, I would rather pay a dollar for a box of pasta when I need it. I do most of our shopping at Costco anyway. We buy our bulk that way, it's easier & cheaper for us. 

Though, I am sure as soon as the next season of Extreme Couponing makes its way to Netflix, I will get that itch again to become a crazy coupon lady.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Krys! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following me! I always love new followers, but I especially loved finding your blog today. You're a great writer - so funny and real. I look forward to following you from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saving more money woudl be awesome, but I just don't know if I have the dedication to couponing to go extreme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just don't think I could spend that many hours in a supermarket. Or dumpster dive for coupon inserts. lol.

      Delete
  3. I went through the same phase too. I agree with Mr.B, Who really needs all that stuff? The main obstacle that stands in my way of extreme couponing is the fact that none of the grocery stores in my town have double coupon day or stuff like that. More power to those who can save big & tolerate all those hours spent prepping & shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stores in my area are the same way. Most do not double coupons & if they do, they have like fifty rules on how I can use them. That is just way too much work. But, I have to hand it to the ones who get it done. That's quite a "hobby". lol.

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness when I saw the Extreme Couponing Black Friday episode I was convinced I needed to start couponing because these people bought like $2000 worth of stuff for $600.

    Last time I tried "couponing" at Target Nic got so embarrassed because all my coupons were being rejected by the scanning machine because they have stupid little exceptions in fine print and I was holding up the line LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened to me at Michael's! I was standing with $80 worth of yarn & the stupid 50% off coupon that I printed off the website, was for one day only & that day wasn't it. The website didn't say that, it was only after you printed the coupon that it had the exceptions & what not in fine print at the bottom. I was so embarrassed! lol.

      Delete
  5. Oh man. I have spent most of my adult life as a cashier and while I don't mind coupons, I do mind when people don't know what they're doing. Like when people want to use multiple coupons for the same product or fail to notice size restrictions, expiration dates and such. I totally agree with you, Krys - my time is worth more than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I watch extreme couponing, all I can think is, I really hope the manager saw how cool she/he was being while scanning all those coupons. They deserve a dang raise after dealing with some of those people. I think I would flip my lid if I had to do it. I'd see ten shopping carts & I would ask to go on break. lol.

      Delete
  6. I watch that show all the time! I am pretty anti-couponing though, I think it is more or less hoarding, and some of those people on the show are legit mentally ill! Agreed with your point though, unless your time isn't valuable to you at all, that stuff isn't free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some of these people are not only mentally ill, but are downright rude. They want to use every coupon, so they are going to clear the shelves & not leave anything for the next customer. One episode a guy went to grab the last one of something, she snagged it & told him that the "early bird get's the worm", as she put it in the cart. All I could think is what a Bee. lol.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips