« Four Years » A Love Story

Four years ago today, I met & fell in love with Mr. B.


I honestly can not believe how fast time is moving. My life, our lives, have changed so much. I do not think either one of us thought we would be where we are today. On paper, our relationship sounds strange, doomed even. Age-gap relationships never seem to be favored by statistics. All I really have to say to that is, when you meet your soulmate, it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter if statistics are against you, nor time. It doesn't matter if your friends understand nor if the world stops & stares. When you find the person that you are meant to spend & continue eternity with, be with them. Do not let a single person tell you who you can or cannot love. Older or younger, male or female, black or white... it doesn't matter. What matters is that you love that person & that you are one of the lucky ones who was able to find your one in a billion.

Four years ago, I was twenty years old. I had only been living in Pennsylvania for about six months. I missed Southern California. I had never been this far away from "home". I use the term home loosely here, for it had been years since I had actually had a room of my own, let alone a place to call home. The reasoning behind this, is a story in itself, a story for another time.

Four years ago, plus a month & a few days, I was looking for a friend. I was looking for an adventure. I was looking for someone to make life a little less lonely. Not knowing any other way, I am a very nervous & shy person, I placed an ad on Craigslist. I received quite a plethora of replies, some respectful, but a lot weren't. Little did I know that mixed in the lot, was my soulmate.

"He's older. It's just dinner, it's not like I am going to marry him". I said this just hours before meeting Mr. B for dinner. How strange life can be. I was always told growing up, that love will find you when you aren't looking for it. And, boy did it. I never planned on falling in love that night. But apparently fate had other plans.

Fast forward to four years later. We own our own home. We share that home with our amazing fur-family that means the world to us. We are talking about marriage & starting a not so furry family. We make the best out of what we have. We take every day, one day at a time.

Today, we celebrate not only our relationship but this crazy world we live in. You never know where it is going to take you... but hopefully, if you have enough faith in yourself & each other, everything will be just fine.

01.23.11 >> 04.06.12
Mr. B, We have our ups & downs. And quite frankly this roller-coaster hasn't been fair. But I know that I wouldn't want to be on this ride with anyone but you. You're my knight in shinning armor, my retard in a tin foil hat, & the touch of insanity that keeps me sane. I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Awwww! All because of Craigslist, imagine that. lol. You guys are adorable! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Four years is a long time! Be proud...you look so happy together!
    ~Meg
    msmayg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly cute and sweet! Happy anniversary to you and Mr. B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, happy anniversary to you guys! It is true, it isn't matter about ages or backgrounds or anyof it as long as there is love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you, chica! We are coming up on our 2 year this month, and I only hope our love will grow as much as yours has. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips