I know, I know...

I know, I know... I have been hiding. I really wish I could come up with some fantastical excuse as to why I've been slacking. But, I really don't want to lie to you, or myself. The truth is, I have not felt like blogging. I've been feeling extremely under the weather due to a change in medication & I honestly have not been able to string together enough words to make a comprehensible sentence. But I never leave for long & I am indeed back in the blogger's seat at the moment.

Spring was here for a few days, then it felt like summer, & now it dipped below freezing last night. Pennsylvania really needs to take a Xanax & chill. Select a temp & stick with it, please. In spite of all these temperature changes, I started working in my garden yesterday. Mr. B & I have decided to extend my current garden further out, & after turning the dirt for a few hours yesterday morning, I am happy to announce that my garden has now doubled in size. Hooray!

My few perennials from last year have already started coming back to life & my rose bush has taken off. It has tripled in size since I planted it two years ago. There will be a few newcomers this year, but most will be vegetables & a few annuals. I'm buying local this year from Glick's Greenhouse in Oley. Mr. B & I used to live a minute & a half from them when we first moved in together. I won't be bringing the new guys home until next Tuesday, which is closer to the final frost date for my area. 

I honestly can't wait to get them in the ground. I am really looking forward to a nice warm, sunny day to dig in the dirt & just meditate through gardening. I'm sure it will do me good as this winter has felt longer than usual. I also can't wait for things to start growing. There really is nothing more satisfying than eating something you had grown with your own two hands.

Other than spring prep, nothing too much has been going on. Which is another reason why I have been slacking on blogging. I could always fill your feed with two paragraph puff pieces to show that I have constant content on my blog, but if it's not quality content, who would really bother to read it?

I'm sure I will have more to write about soon. I also will have a giveaway posted on Friday! So, we shall look forward to that, eh? :) I hope you all are having a fantastic start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips