Urban Gardening Motivation

Pinterest, as much as I love you... I think we might need to break up. I'm losing sleep over you. Why? Well when you type "Urban Gardening" into the search panel way too many inspirational things pop up & weasel their way into my brain. Then from there, they lay eggs & I can't fall asleep at night because I'm calculating just how much space in my teeny tiny city backyard I can use to grow edible food. Mr. B, I am sure is pretty tired of hearing about square foot gardening, raised beds, vertical gardens, & recycled pallets. He also, wasn't keen on my wanting to tear up the little bit of lawn we do have to plant rows of vegetables. But, he did bring up a very valid point... where would Odin go potty? Hmm, that is a good question & a very valid reasoning behind my not tearing up the back yard right this second.

But come on, look at this beautiful yet small city garden!

via
So pretty. So colorful. So edible. I think there is a line somewhere to be drawn. I don't believe that Mr. B will allow me to spend more money on the backyard than the worth of our house. lol. That would be nonsense. But, I do plan on extending my garden this year. Not only in size, but by season. I hope to do a fall crop this year for the very first time.

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a fantastic garden! It is huge already! You have a nice variety of things in there and it looks beautiful! You'll have to update us when you pick the food from it and use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Laura I WISH that was my garden! That was one of the amazing Pinterest images that pops up when you search "Urban Gardening". It has inspired me to want to go out of my comfort zone of just tomatoes & bell peppers & perhaps try more cool weather crops in the fall such as radishes & carrots. :)

      Delete
  2. If I didn't live in an apartment, that picture alone would have made it to where I would have been heading out to start that right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such a tiny backyard & if it weren't for Odin needing a place to use the restroom, I would have my little backyard torn up in a hot second! I want to eventually have a garden as nice as the one pictured. That is indeed my motivation. :)

      Delete
  3. I love urban gardens!! I hope you are able to get one going and share the pics with us! I have a balcony with no direct sunlight exposure so growing even little pots of herbs is a challenge, sadly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips