Blog a Day, May {12}

Moving right along to today's blog every day prompt. Woo, two in a row! ;)
Day 12, Sunday: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)   
This one really hit home for me. As my heart lives in two places simultaneously. 

My family lives back in Southern California, where I was born & raised. Obviously, that makes dinner plans a little difficult. I don't get to see them too often, as airfare is so expensive & we have yet to hit that huge jackpot in the lotto. I have not seen them in over nine months & it's hard because I know that there are no plans in place for me to visit anytime soon. 

I do have to be glad for Facebook as I am able to share my life with them easier. Plus, my Aunt gave birth to my first cousin ever, while I was out there in August, & it allows me to see pictures of him as he starts growing. It's quite bittersweet, as I am happy to "see" them & keep up with their lives, but I am saddened by the fact that I am not really a part of it. Holidays are the worst & if it weren't for Mr. B, I would probably lose my mind. Luckily we live in a time where we have texting, cell phones, Facebook, webcams, & a million other ways to communicate across those 2,716 miles. Which make it easier, but they don't take the place of actually being there.

Other than my Grandmother's visit a couple years ago, I have yet to have Mr. B & my family in the same state, let alone the same room. Which is why I am super excited about our wedding next year as I will finally have them together & not feel like I need to split into two people to feel whole.

Mr. B & I have spoken about moving to the west coast, but as of now we just can't afford it. I mean, who really can in this economy? So we will do our best to find that winning ticket in the mean time. 

I miss them when I am here at home, & I miss Mr. B when I am home in California... tell me, does that ever really get better? Anyone else have long distance family? How do you cope or bridge the multiple mile gap?


2 comments:

  1. And a move INTO Cali is more expensive than a move out. Best of luck on that lotto. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family lives in Minnesota while I go to school in Oklahoma and it is very hard. Being 800 miles away is difficult to stay in the know on things and feel in the loop. It hurts every time I hear they all went out to dinner for someone's birthday and I was the only one not there. It is hard, but texts, emails, and phone calls are how we keep in touch. I last saw all of my family and friends in Minnesota in January and I won't be back until November!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips