Slow Cooker Apple Crisp. {Recipe}


I sure hope you saved room for desert! The final of my three recipes, I find is my absolute favorite. Though there has to be a better way to peel apples! It's 2013, shouldn't we have some magic laser device that zaps the skins off of fruit? Someone get on that, okay? Anyway. There are so many great things about this recipe, but best of all you can throw everything into the slow cooker & in four hours you have not only an amazing desert, but a terrific smelling house.

But that is enough of me yammering, you're here for the recipe right? You know you're adding apples to your list as we speak! ;)

Here is what you will need:



Ingredients:
  • Flour, 1 cup.
  • Light Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup.
  • White Sugar, 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup.
  • Salt, just a pinch.
  • Margarine or Butter, 1/2 cup.
  • Granny Smith Apples, I used 8, peeled, cored, & diced to desired size.
  • Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, 1/2 Cup.
  • Cornstarch, 1 tablespoon.
  • Apple Pie Spice, 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon. (It's a must!)
  • Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 tablespoon. (This stuff is amazing, like liquid gold!)
  • Cooking Spray such as Pam.
  • Whipped Cream or Oh! I bet Vanilla Ice Cream would be amazing!. (Optional for topping.)
Supplies:
  • Mixing Bowls.
  • Measuring Cups/Spoons.
  • Slow Cooker.

Here's how it goes down!

  1. In a large bowl mix together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice, & a pinch of salt.
  2. Cut 1/2 cup margarine/butter into flour mixture with a fork until coarse crumbles form. 
  3. Set aside.
  4. In second large bowl mix diced apples, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon Madagascar Burbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 tablespoon Apple Pie Spice, & 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
  5. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray, so that the apple crisp doesn't stick to the sides. 
  6. Add apple mixture evenly into the slow cooker.
  7. Top apple mixture with the coarse flour/sugar crumbs.
  8. Close lid & cook four hours on low or two hours on high.
  9. Crack lid open slightly for the last hour of cooking so that the crumbles crisp up.
  10. Serve warm with your favorite topping. We used light whipped cream.
  11. Enjoy!

Mr. B & I are totally guilty of finishing the rest of the Apple Crisp cold for breakfast & we find that it tastes even better that way! I highly recommend that you visit MySpiceSage.com & at the very least purchase the Apple Pie Spice. It is truly amazing, I have sprinkled it in pancakes & I have even added a dash to french toast. It's so much better than cinnamon alone.

Don't believe me? Well you will just have to try it yourself! Stick around for a chance to win the MySpiceSage spices used in the recipe as well as my Homemade Pizza & Pasta e Fagioli recipes! :)

This recipe has been linked up with Create It Thursday, Thursday's Favorite Things, & Weekend Wanderings.

*The amazing people at MySpiceSage supplied samples of their product in return for my expressed interest in their company. I was in no way paid for my opinions. As always, the opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own and were in no way influenced by the company providing the product.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following!


    What is so great about this recipe is that the leftovers taste even more amazing than when it's fresh out of the slow cooker. And it is wonderful for breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks divine! This would be perfect to link up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/06/create-it-thursday-7-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the heads up! I will head on over there & check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love slow cooker desserts! I love being able to start them in the afternoon and let them cook all day. We just did the slow cooker brownies and they were great so I will definitely give this a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only made a few slow cooker desserts. Including rice pudding, yum! I have yet to make brownies though. I will have to try those next. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say whether I got more joy out of eating it, or out of how amazing my house smelt while cooking it. I would make it again simply for the aroma! lol.


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips