10 Things I Live For. {52 Weeks of Blogging with a Purpose}


Just in case you didn't see Tuesday's post, today I am playing a little catch up on Mrs. Becky's {From Mrs. to Momma} blog challenge titled 52 weeks of Blogging with a Purpose. Because I am a couple weeks behind, I will be posting two a week until I catch up next week & then I will continue in the normal one a week fashion. This is my toe in the water attempt at a blog challenge. I do not feel that I can complete a full 30 day blogging challenge at present, but I am greatly encouraged to do this 52 week blogging challenge since it is only one per week. Even I can do that... I think. Anyway, if you have no clue as to what I am blabbing about, be sure to check out the list of purposeful blog topics here. But y'all come back now, ya hear? ;)

The topic I am tackling today...

10 things I wouldn't want to live without.

My relationship with Mr. B. This man means the world to me. Though we have yet to walk down that aisle & say our "I Do's" I honestly feel as if we are already married. We've been together for over four years, & we have been living together for most of it. A piece of paper deeming us as husband & wife won't make any difference in our relationship. We're already there. We've grown as a couple through our fights, we've grieved over loss together, & we have learned to never take one another for granted. I have no doubt in my mind that he is my soulmate. And though, our age differences might make things a little more difficult at times. I know I have met my match. He's my lobster. ;)

My crazy, wacky & oh so loving Family. I can't even explain how thankful I am that we have the technology today to be able to share our lives across the miles. It's so hard to be so far away from them. I think of them everyday & wish that I could afford for Mr. B & I to move across the nearly 3,000 miles & be able to see them for holidays, birthdays & general get togethers. It has been nearly a year since I last saw them & I look forward to my next visit. Whenever that may be.

Sending love across the miles to my Dad Rich, my amazing Stepmother Gina, my little Brother Ryan, my Grandmother Lynda, my Grandfather Michael, my Aunt Shannon, my Uncle Ken & my new little baby Cousin Jon Michael!


My Furbabies. What more can I possibly say. They are my babies & I love them with all of my heart. They bring so much love, peace & affection into my home. I honestly don't want to imagine what it would be like without them. They are amazing & they need to stop growing up so dang fast!


Gardening. I love it. I don't love the sweating & hard work of pulling all those darn weeds out. But I love being able to grow some of my own food. There is nothing better than the taste of a homegrown tomato. You never want to buy a store one again. Bell Peppers too. I hate buying them in the store, they taste terrible & bland now that I grow my own. I need a green house so I can grow them all year long!


Photography. The photo bug has bitten me bad. I've actually heard people talk about me while getting certain shots. It makes me laugh. People were wondering what the heck I was doing when I took this shot at a local lake. The tree had beautiful blooms, it's not my fault that they didn't appreciate them while they could. Spring & it's blossoms don't last nearly long enough.

Food. Come on, you knew it was coming. Even though I am trying so very hard to slim down. I still love me some food. Lately, my homemade pizza has been a huge hit here at home. Not only does it taste freaking fantastic. I can control what is on it & it keeps us from ordering in or eating out. Totally budget friendly & better on your waistline too if you are careful with the toppings. :) I love to cook & always will.


Crochet. Love, love, love it! Seriously, I am obsessed. I have tons of patterns bookmarked for future use. Though I do get pretty ADD & start a million projects for every one I finish. I enjoy it anyway. I always have some project ready to pick up with the mood strikes. Lately it has been way too hot to even think about crocheting. But I'm working on a blanket for my baby cousin's birthday in August, so I better get movin' on it!

Technology. I don't think I could handle not having some sort of techie device to play with. I love working on my computer, figuring out how to set up new networks or devices, or just generally enjoying the features technology has to offer. Though, sometimes when nothing seems to want to work right. Which happens all at once usually. I want to throw everything away & go live in a cave. lol.

Netflix. Okay, technically this could be part of technology. However, Netflix is the main source of entertainment in my home since we do not have cable. Let me tell you, I love our little $7.99 a month subscription. I have watched hours of movies & shows I never had the chance to watch while they were new. Plus they are adding new ones all the time. I think I have close to 500 titles in my queue right now. I swear I add three to every one I watch. lol. Without Netflix, I would die of boredom I am sure.


Autumn. Autumn in Pennsylvania is purely amazing. When it's not raining or windy as all heck. There is only a week or so window of beauty before it turns to ugly icky winter. I love how the leaves change color. Growing up in Southern California I never experienced a true Autumn. Back then the leaves would be green one day & then the trees were bald when you woke up the next morning. Here you see a mix of yellows, reds & browns that is truly amazing. It's my favorite time of year & always will be. If only we could make it last a few months longer. That would be awesome! I'm so excited for this fall, Mr. B & I are planning a camping trip! ♥

9 comments:

  1. Autumn, food, & netflix are good ones lol. I would love to start gardening. {flowers & food!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree, you are officially my new BFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! New follower! So glad I found your blog, love your photography.

    I'm a photographer also and the hubs and I are a May-December! So we have a few things in common ;) If you don't mind I'd like to use your 52 weeks idea for my own blog! Looking forward to seeing more posts! -Becca

    www.howbeccarolls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really pretty blanket you are crocheting, I'd like to see a
    photo of the finished product. I love crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right!?! :) Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Becca! Thanks for following. I am going to head on over & check out your blog as well. :)
    I don't mind at all, the 52 weeks prompts are totally not mine. I give all credit to From Mrs. to Momma.
    Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kym. This blanket is taking me so long to complete. Right now it's on hold until I purchase more white yarn. I ran out a couple weeks ago & just have not had the time nor the money to buy more. I will definitely post pictures of it once it is complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should totally start a garden. I love it. Just picked a bunch of zucchini this morning. Can't wait to toss them on the grill tonight for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds yummy! I will have too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips