Meet Kym from Deaf in the Kitchen! {Guest Post}

Hey you all! Today is my birthday & I am going to be away from the computer celebrating the big 2-5! Woo, getting up there eh? Good thing Mr. B will always be older than me. ;) I will always feel young. Anyways! Since I will be away from all you lovelies today, Kym from Deaf in the Kitchen is here to share a tasty recipe with you all!

Hello Everyone! Krys was kind enough to let me post a recipe on her wonderful blog today. I choose Cheese and Onion Enchiladas, which are a favorite and very delicious. They are a good vegetarian option and can be made vegan with a vegan cheese alternative. When I go out for Mexican food I always order Enchiladas, they are one of my favorites. You can have them with beef, chicken or vegetarian (beans) which is my favorite option. This recipe is easy and can be made with most ingredients you have on hand. The photo I have added pinto beans and mexican rice. I have recipes for those as well, if anyone is interested. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! 

Kym @ Deaf in the Kitchen
Blog / Facebook Fan Page / Bloglovin 


Cheese and Onion Enchiladas by Kym @ Deaf in the Kitchen 


Ingredients: 
  • 2 tablespoons oil 
  • 2 onions, chopped 
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can beans, such as kidney, rinsed & drained/or refried beans 
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or monterey and colby) 
  • 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce 
  • 3/4 teaspoon chili powder 
  • 8 corn tortillas 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish. 
  3. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, oregano and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. 
  4. Remove from heat, stir in beans, if using, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Combine sauce, 2 T water and chili powder. 
  5. Dip each tortilla into sauce; place on plate. 
  6. Spoon 1/3 cup cheese-onion mixture down center of tortilla. Roll up, place seam-side down in baking dish. Repeat. 
  7. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. 
  8. Bake until hot 20-25 minutes.
Uh, yum! Now how great does that sound?!? Thank you Kym for sharing that delicious recipe with us! I love Mexican food & know I will have to try that sometime in the near future! I love your blog & I hope to return the posting favor soon!

In the mean time, if any of you would like to be my next guest poster or have a  product for me to review let me know! I am always looking for new blogging opportunities! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips