T w e n t y - f i v e.

So, I completely  s l a c k e d  on posts last week. No only here on this little blog of mine but even on my personal Facebook page. Some of this would be because my laptop has been a royal pain in the ass. I am not even sure if I can fix it. I believe it's just bipolar & only wants to work on it's own terms. The other reason for my disappearance has been knitting & Netflix. I just started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the very first time. I am not quite sure why I had never watched it before, but I have since watched three seasons in the last two days. Hilarious. And, my final excuse reason for leaving you all in the lurch, exercise. Stop laughing! I'm totally serious! For my birthday, my wonderful family bought me a stationary exercise bike. It took me four... yes FOUR hours to build & has now taken residence in front of my television. Yes, shame on me for slacking digitally, but can I get a high five for actually taking the time to workout? I thought so. ;)

Let's play a little catch up shall we? Monday, the 19th was my 25th birthday! T w e n t y - f i v e. The first birthday where I woke up & actually felt older. Stupid, I know. But I'm being honest. Of course then I looked at Mr. B & instantly felt better because I'll always be young in his eyes. Ha! 


So anyway, we started the day off right by having a nice breakfast out complete with coffee. Our favorite place for breakfast is less than a mile from our home, the people are nice, the food is good, & the prices are really great. After breakfast Mr. B & I had to run to Walmart to pick up a few things. While we were there Mr. B bought me these beautiful flowers & I picked out these delicious vanilla bean cupcakes. Oh-my-goodness, these were amazing! 


Then we were off to visit an adorable little town called Saint Peter's Village. There isn't too much to see in this little town. Just an Inn, a Bakery & a few little shops.


I really wanted to check out this bakery, but they were closed on Monday. Mr. B & I will visit again sometime in the fall. And we will be checking the hours next time. :)


This little house/shop was so cute. The roof seemed to be made with tree bark & it had moss growing along it.


Across from the Saint Peter's Inn was a road leading to a beautiful Quarry. The ripples in the picture are from a couple teenage boys jumping from the top & making a fairly large splash. It sounded like it hurt & it was quite a jump. Those are trees on that hill, not bushes. I can only imagine the colors & how beautiful this will be in the fall. 


Behind the little town is French Creek. The creek flows through a series of large boulders. Even on a Monday, there were quite a few people out climbing the rocks. 


That's me! I decided to get my feet wet & climb over a few of the boulders to get a picture. Many thanks to Mr. B for getting this picture for me. There were no fish in the water, so he wasn't to interested in climbing down the rocks to get closer. The water was cold, but it felt amazing. I loved it!


My Mister. He was a little agitated because a wasp stung him on the way down to the creek. But he kept his calm. Good thing he didn't see the wasps hanging out in the flowers on that bush behind him. ;)


Beautiful flowers. I believe they are a type of hibiscus. I didn't even notice the wasp taking up residence inside it until we got home. I probably wouldn't have chanced it if I would have saw it first. lol.


From there we decided to head on home to get changed before we went out to dinner. After much flip flopping for weeks about where I wanted to go, we finally decided that we would in fact go to our favorite sushi restaurant. Both Mr. B & myself are fans of theirs on Facebook & after seeing post after mouth watering post, we were set in our decision. We had arrived a little bit early, so we decided to take a few pictures of us all dressed up.


Nearly 4 1/2 years together & this man still hasn't realized that goofy pictures will in fact end up on Facebook & my blog! He can't help but throw a silly one in every once in a while. ;)


Much better. :)


And here is something you won't see too often! I'm often much more comfortable being behind the camera than in front of it. However, I loved my birthday outfit & wanted to show it off. Plus, being down nearly 25 pounds has got me feeling a bit confident. I have a long way to go, but I am working on it. Slow & steady wins the race. 

After we took our pictures we went into our favorite sushi restaurant, Bonjung Japanese. It is located smack dab in the middle of Collegeville, Pennsylvania. I would like to congratulate them on once again winning the  title of Best Japanese in Best of Philly Magazine. They totally deserve it! If you are ever in the Collegeville area I would totally check them out!


And here is what the Mister & I ordered.  Freaking delish! I can't wait to go back. Their food is seriously amazing. What we have here, Philly Roll, Mackerel Sashimi, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Dragon Roll, & the TNT Roll. The TNT roll is very spicy & a new favorite.


After we ate they asked me what my name was. Remember how I said that the Mister & I are followers of them on Facebook? Well, they recognized me & knew it was my birthday! They surprised me with this wonderful ice cream, complete with a candle to blow out & even sung me happy birthday. I was amazed! The people at Bonjung Japanese are the best & have truly earned every cent we spend & every award they win. Needless to say Mr. B totally had to help me eat this ice cream. I was totally stuffed from all the wonderful sushi. I wish we could visit them more often, but I think our once a year trip makes the experience even more special. Not saying that I wouldn't go tonight if Mr. B said we could. Haha!

So that was my 25th birthday. After dinner we went home where I put on my pajamas, talked to my Dad out in California, & then watched Breaking Bad on Netflix with the Mister. It was a wonderful day & I wouldn't have changed a single thing about it. Except, Mr. B getting stung by the wasp & the bakery not being open... I would have totally changed that. ;)

10 comments:

  1. love your birthday outfit! and French creek! Well, that just flows through my back yard! (not literally, but almost!) p.s. that quarry photo is amazeballs! I love the striation in the rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much PJ! I never knew French Creek was so large. But then again being in love with a fisherman, I am learning more & more just how large some rivers & creeks are. Sometimes I think I will never wrap my head around it. Took a trip to Philly the other day, saw a large river asked Mr.B what the river was he said, "Delaware". Okay, so now I knew that was the Delaware. Then, on the way back home he's talking about the Schuykill river while pointing at what I thought I just learned was the Delaware. Apparently we pass one river on the way there & a completely different one on the way home. Haha!

    I love the Quarry photo, I just wish the ripples weren't there so I could have mirrored the image of the rock. Can't wait to visit in the fall when the leaves change color & the kids are at school & not fudging up the water. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Awesome pictures. You're looking great Krys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday!! I liked what you mentioned about always being young in his eyes....my husband's 7 years older than me, which isn't a huge difference, but it's still enough that I know I'll always seem young to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! your pictures look gorgeous! my birthdays coming up too; i should make my boyfriend take me to a quarry too, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is Saint Peter's Village? It sounds divine! I think I need to go there...

    Also, Happy 25th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Rachel! Isn't it great to know you will always be young in his eyes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Julia! You totally should! I would love to see photos if you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Aubrey! Saint Peter's Village is in Chester County, Pennsylvania. They are actually having an Oktoberfest on October 12th... I'm thinking of dragging the Mister to it. :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Peter%27s_Village
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Peters-Village/570861206261647

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips