Accomplishments + A Bad Habit

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Today as I sit at my computer, a blank screen staring back at me, I feel at peace. Why? Because I realized I have accomplished something that I never thought I would. I have managed to write at least eight blog posts a month, every month since the beginning of this year. Now that might not seem like much to most of you. In fact, this might seem miniscule to those with large successful blogs, followed by large crowds of  people, averaging at least three posts a week, with replies up the wazoo. But to me, this is huge.

For you to understand why this is such a big deal, I will have to share with you a bit more about me. More importantly about one of my worst habits. I am a procrastinator. I really am to the fullest extent. I wait for as long as possible to do things, almost to where I stress myself out to get things done on time. I also have a fairly short attention span. I am a person who takes months to complete a fairly simple crochet project. Not because it is difficult, or that I don't have time. It's because I get bored & suddenly feel the need to work on something else. I eventually get back to working on the initial project, but by then time has passed & it has then taken me months to knit a scarf. And, it is not just projects either. I will decided to deep clean a room in my house & before I know it I have straightened three rooms, while never really making any progress with the original task. This is why I have started two different blog a day & photo a day projects, that never reached completion.

I have been like this for as long as I can remember, it is just a part of me. A bad habit, that in all honesty, I have never even tried to break. I am not even sure I could, even if I wanted to.

I started this blog in hopes of being able to write one single post a month for a single year. Just one. A slow start at being able to accomplish or finish something I have started. I realize it is only September & that I still have a couple months to go before my goal is officially seen. However, I see nothing wrong with me celebrating the fact that I have gone well & above my initial goal. Since January, my lowest monthly blog post was eight. My highest, twenty-three. That to me is fantastic!

And even though I am only a small blog, with a handful of followers & a trickle of replies. I feel such a strong sense of accomplishment. I never would have guessed I would have come this far. That I would have blogged over one hundred & twenty blogs this year, or that there would be nearly four hundred of you following me. It all started by giving it a try.

Thank you for helping me in my accomplishment. Thank you for silently encouraging me to continue on. You can speak up, you know. ;) Just saying.

I would love to hear from you if you have made it this far. Just a hello would suffice. Anything to let me know you are out there. What is your greatest accomplishment, or how about your worst habit? Let me know in the comments below! ♥

Happy Friday, the thirteenth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips