Martinez Salsa {Review}

As many of you know, I was born & raised in Southern California. I literally grew up on Mexican food. Rice, beans, cheese, fresh tortillas, & all the delicious spices one from the south west would love. It was a staple I would come to miss when I packed up & moved across the country to where I now live in south eastern Pennsylvania. Foods with a true & authentic Mexican food taste are just hard to come by here. Which is why whenever I have the chance to try a new product, I jump at it!

I was so excited to try Martinez Salsa! Martinez Salsa is an authentic, gourmet salsa straight from the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico. A fifth generation Martinez named Lillian brought this recipe to share with us here in the states.

Martinez has four different salsas in their line up. Mild, Medium, Red Hot, & Peach. They also offer enchilada sauce, which I am sure is delicious! All of their salsa is made all natural without trans fat, corn, gluten, milk or msg. At only 10 to 15 calories per serving, it's a treat you can feel good about.


 The Mister & Me, had the pleasure of reviewing two flavors in the Martinez line up, Medium & Peach. We were actually quite surprised while tasting the salsas. Our initial thoughts ended up being the complete opposite of what really took place. Mr. B did not think he would enjoy the Peach. He thought it sounded strange. I on the other hand thought I would like the Peach more than the Medium. Well as it would have it my favorite of the two was the Medium & yep, you guessed it, Mr. B preferred the Peach.


Both Salsas had great flavor. I also liked just how thick & chunky the salsa was compared to the watery chopped tomato sauce of other brands. The roasted tomatoes in the medium really stood out with a bold taste. I actually think this would be amazing to add into chili.


The Peach was a little lighter & had quite a sweetness packed into it. It was a bit too sweet for me, but Mr. B loved it. The Peach again was just as chunky & thick as the medium. Dare I say that Martinez Salsa is quite a hearty salsa? I think so!

After our initial tasting, I decided to experiment a bit & found that I really liked the two salsas mixed together. The bold taste of the Medium with the sweetness of the Peach was just perfect! I continued to mix the two together until both jars became empty. It was that good!

So if you are looking to try a new salsa with a bold taste, I would definitely give Martinez a try! You can find a place to buy here, or order straight from the company here!

If you are already a fan, why not check out their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter! Let them know that The Mister & Me sent ya!
*Disclaimer: The awesome people at Martinez Salsa &/or Martinez Salsa's PR Team sent me products to review for my expressed interest in their company. I was in no way paid for my opinions. As always, the opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own and were in no way influenced by the company providing the product.

2 comments:

  1. Yum these look fantastic! I've been looking for some new snacky things like this, so it couldn't have been a better time for me to come across this review! Just found you through the aloha blog hop, looking forward to getting caught up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by! :) This salsa is really great! The Mister & I are thinking of trying the Red Hot next. I've created a monster, he was never into spicy until I introduced him to it. Haha.


    I hope you have a fantastic Friday! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips