Back from the edge of the Earth...

So, I am back from the edge of the Earth. Or at least that is where I have seemed to fall off of. I really had no intention of abandoning my little blog for so long, but it seems that I must have needed a little vacation from the blogger world. I'm not going to lie, some of my absence is due to my laptop running so entirely slow. Hopefully in the future there will be a new computer in our household where it won't take two hours to open Google Chrome. Or, I will just have to get faster at typing with my Nexus Tablet & write more through there. The later is probably closer to reality

Life has not been too interesting or exciting since I have been gone. The Mister spent time here at home while on the mend from his clavicle fracture. We decorated for autumn & spent quite a few days out & about with Odin. We caught up with a lot of old television shows on Netflix. In general, we spent time together. Which was really what we all needed more than anything. Odin, Kora, & Apollo all bonded with Mr. B while he was home. I noticed it more after he went back to work, as Odin waited at the door for his Daddy every time he left. It was a tad bit heartbreaking, but it was more sweet than anything.



We decorated our porch for autumn this year. I loved how it turned out. We even carved pumpkins, though I never really got a decent picture of how they turned out. Either way, we had a lot of fun & have decided that we will buy more than two pumpkins next year.



Thanksgiving was quiet. I decided to make a Muscovy Duck for the very first time. We bought it at a farm out near Kutztown, Pennsylvania. I had never made duck before, & was even less failure with the Muscovy Duck. I Googled it for weeks before Thanksgiving before finally deciding the just roast it as if it were a chicken. Most people can't decided or even agree on how to cook Muscovy, as the Muscovy duck is actually a perching waterfowl & is leaner than other ducks. Anywho, about two hours after putting the duck into the oven, & worrying about ruining it. It turned out amazing. The Muscovy meat was odd though. The legs & other 'dark' meat pieces were like wild turkey, yet the breast meat tasted & looked like roast beef. Either way, it was amazing & the Mister declared that every Thanksgiving will be celebrated with Muscovy Duck. After dinner I plucked what meat I could from the bones & found that there was quite a bit left over. I decided to use it up in Duck Fried Rice. Yum!



















This year Mr. B's work is giving them Turkeys for Christmas. So, I guess I am making Turkey! Time to start Googleing. We normally don't go for Turkey, since it's just the two of us. But who is really going to say no to free? Certainly not I. Leftovers are always welcome. It's a great way to make your dollar stretch. I look forward to my first Turkey cooking experience, just as I looked forward to the Muscovy. I got this! Ha.

Anyway. just playing catch up. Thank you all for sticking around, even when I jumped ship for a while. Will write again soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back! I was getting worried about you. Looks like you guys had some good, quality time :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips