Spring Renewal.

Yesterday morning, as I was awoken for the final time by Mr. B constant moving & Odin panting in my face, I looked at the clock. 4:30am. Really? I decided to get out of bed. Perhaps I could catch a few more minutes of sleep downstairs on the couch, at least until Mr. B woke up. Then, I had planned to crawl back into bed & sleep forever. Well that didn't quite work out, as upon reaching the last step, I was freezing. I let Odin out to do his business, & turned up the thermostat. I opened the door to bring Odin back inside & grabbed my favorite crocheted blanket along with my tablet. We sat on the couch for a bit & simply waited for the Mister to wake up. About an hour later I heard him open the door & start his way downstairs to turn on the Keurig.

I started my way back upstairs, reached our bedroom & shut the door behind me. I flopped into bed, pulled the covers over my head & sighed. Not more than a couple minutes later, our next door neighbors woke up with their usual banging & bumping into the walls. Yep, going back to sleep was not going to be an option. I rolled over & saw a faint light coming in through the window. The sun was coming up & it was time for me to get up too. At first I was upset, I was all set to be in a bad mood... then I made a decision.

I crawled out of bed, got dressed, & ran a comb through my hair. I put my walking shoes on, grabbed my cell phone, & put Odin's collar on. If I was going to be awake this early, I was not going to let it be a bad day as well. I was going to go for a walk, & I was going to do it before the sun even breached the mountaintop.

I am glad I did. And here is why...

Taken from my cell phone.

I made it to the lake, which is a mile & a half away from my home, before the sun did. I got to watch & feel the sun as it came up & washed over the trees. I experienced the quiet serenity that the city I live in rarely has, & I got to experience it because I was awake so early. If I hadn't been woken up at 4:30am, if I had been able to go back to sleep, I would have missed it.

So, I slept bad, I had not had any coffee, & it was only 35 degrees... but I felt good.
No, I felt better than good, I actually felt great

I felt... alive.

After this really long winter, I took a look back at my blog & thought that it really was due for an update. I felt it needed a fresh clean start to this "new" year. A little something to breathe life back into this hobby that I started almost two years ago. This past winter, my poor little blog suffered. It went semi-dormant, as did my life. My brain has been quite uninspired, it could be from the lack of sunlight, or perhaps I was simply frozen in time... But just as spring is finally revealing itself & winter is letting go of it's long hold, I find myself coming back to life. And I hope my blog will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! Type a few words in the box please... I would love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day! ♥

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips